The OC Obsession

For those true fans out there...that can't live without their weekly dose of Newport Beach...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

"End of Innocence"

I think the title of this episode is a pretty accurate depiction of the events throughout the suspenseful hour...here goes nothing...

We first find out that probably the most amazing husband ever - Sandy Cohen, as taken over the Newport Group in light of Kirsten's absence from Newport. Let alone the stress from that, he now also has Ryan at home and suggests that he spend some time away from Marissa. Ryan, completely appaled shrugs off this suggestion but little does he know that just around the corner, Julie has the same intentions for Marissa. She also explains that her great news of the day, Julie Cooper style, is that Marissa has been accepted into the same boarding school as her sister Caitlin. When Marissa refuses, Julie finds her good intentions to keep the family together charming yet agrees not to bother her, only if she stops seeing Ryan.

While Julie is coercing Marissa into deception, Jimmy goes to the Cohen's to apologize to Sandy for all of the events over the past few weeks...but obviously Julie has been rubbing off on him because he has selfish intentions as well. Jimmy is nervous about the timing of the reading of Caleb's will because if you remember he's in limbo with loans himself.

Back at Harbor, somewhere we haven't seen in awhile, the Dean finds Seth and Summer and encourages them to show some school spirit to keep them on the good side...perhaps stage hands? Little does he know what chaos Summer and Seth can actually create.

Jimmy meets Julie for dinner and insists that the wedding should be pushed up...to the end of the week - I dont know if anyone picked up on this but it also happens to be the day after the will is to be read. I think this is the farthest from coincidence and actually Jimmy is in this marriage not only because he loves Julie, but the possibility of a big break also. At dinner Julie also suggests not only a honeymoon in Hawaii, but a permanent residence and fresh start for the family. As soon as Julie gets home she tells Marissa and as much as she hates to leave Ryan, a chance to get her family finally together seems unatainable anywhere else.

When Ryan finds out he is completely beside himself, until Seth's insight makes him realize that he can try to convince Sandy to let Marissa move in with them. An ecstatic Ryan goes to tell Marissa but she is hesitant and insists that this could be a chance for her to start clean also. Ryan is heart broken but wants to spend the last time they have together the best way they can.

After much hesitation Kirsten returns home for the reading of the will. We find out that Caleb intented to split everything evenly between Julie and Kirsten, however one problem...all of his debt finally caught up with him and he is BROKE!!! At this point it left all my roomates wondering who was actually most in shock, Julie, Kirsten, or Jimmy who was relying on this money the most. Seth and Summer are meanwhile stealing the set from the school play and creating a real life paradise for Ryan and Marissa.

Later that night, Ryan takes Marissa to her paradise where Marissa insists she is "ready to do this" and I'll let everyone's imaginations wonder from there.

On the other side of town, on the way to the boat Jimmy is met by the man he loaned money from and taken away in a Suburban. We next see three men taking Jimmy to the water and continuously beating him up, the last we see of Jimmy before commerical is his body floating in the water...of course everyone thinks he is dead - but we are fooled once again.

Kirsten is missing since the reading of the will when all her father left her was a letter. She has her driver take her to the liquor store where she purchases a bottle of vodka and then goes to a sleezy motel and spends the night just staring at the bottle.

Marissa wakes up in Ryan's arms to a phone call from her father requesting her to immediately go to the boat. She goes and sees that he is beat up and he explains that once again he has gotten into trouble and needs to leave. Marissa understands and lets him go, with one request - that he never come back. Jimmy agrees and gives Marissa's the wedding ring intended for Julie. Marissa immediately goes to the church and gives the ring to her mom and finally they clinge to each other crying because Julie realizes she has nothing left but Marissa.

Seth and Summer return the stolen stage props to the school and just after Summer retreats to the car to get the rest, when the Dean walks in and threatens Seth with in school detention if he doesnt give up his accomplis. Seth refuses to and the Dean therefore gives him two weeks, but this is an action that proves to Summer that Seth really cares.

In the end, Kirsten returns home to big hugs from the whole family and they recap everything going on in Newport and witty Sandy responds "that's why I love this place, nothing ever happens" - i think that was the best quote of the night!

Let me know what you guys thought of everything and what might be in store for next week!!

15 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When Content just isn't Enough
    You know, when we talk about blogs, we're inclined to side-step beauty in favour of content.
    Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like music on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want!

     
  • At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, I liked your blog its my first time here! If you are interested, go see my Tai Chi related site. Its purley for peoples health.

    All the best John

     
  • At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 11:33:00 AM, Blogger carah said…

    Last weeks episode was once again crazy! Sandy is definitely superman; there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything he does. Between handling an adopted delinquent son, a real son, an alcoholic wife and now taking over Kirsten’s business! I do feel bad for Marissa because of her unstable family. I could never imagine being able to have everything I want and than losing it all. We all knew that Jimmy was just marrying Julie for Caleb’s money – that was very obvious. I was surprised at the reading of the will when Caleb had no money; I thought for sure he was just going to leave it all to Kirsten. Summer and Seth are still cute as always and getting into trouble together. I think the Dean of Discipline and the annoying girl have something going on. And I was glad to see Marissa and Ryan still hot and heavy for each other. I can’t wait for Thursday night to see Marissa in her new school – looks scary!

     
  • At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:27:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Wow. Such drama! I was definitely intending on watching it but i lost track of time and only caught the last few mins of it. Wow did i miss a lot of drama and action! I feel so bad for Jimmy. He is such a nice guy, I don't know why he keeps getting himself in these situations! I can not believe that they almost killed him off. Julie is just selfish and I can't stand her. I feel bad for Ryan, he always gets the shaft. I wonder if they will actually end up moving to Hawaii. They can't, then the show couldn't be called the OC!

     
  • At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 2:47:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said…

    Once again another thrilling episode of the O.C., I thought this episode was the best so far this season! I think that Sandy Cohen is the man, I mean with everything that he has going on he always seems to remain cool, calm and collected. I was happy to see that Kirsten came back because this is definitely where she belongs. As for Cal being broke, well I think any avid O.C. watcher saw this one coming and knew that Julie and Jimmy were going to suffer miserably after finding out. The writers definitely had me fooled because I thought for sure that Jimmy was going to be dead. He looked awful when Marissa came to the boat to say goodbye. I am also glad that despite the parents trying to keep Marissa and Ryan apart they still were able to be together and now will not be separated by a long distance relationship. Seth and Summer are so cute together and I was happy to see Seth take all the blame and save Summer. I really am not a fan of the Dean at all and I definitely agree with Carah that the Dean and Taylor have something going on. As much as I dislike Julie Cooper, I felt bad for her and Jimmy not being able to be together and I think she and Marissa’s relationship may grow to be a lot stronger in episodes to come. I can’t wait for the next episode and doesn’t it look like Marissa is going to school in Chino or something? It looks like things are definitely going to be different for her.

     
  • At Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:07:00 PM, Blogger Melanie said…

    I am soooo looking forward to tonight's episode. I wait all week for to see the OC! I really don't think Marissa will be able to handle public school and I really don't think her mom will be able to cope with not living in a mansion. What a crazy twist of events that Caleb was actually broke. Now Julie's had 2 absolutely broke husbands! And she wanted was to be a rich wife. Oh how it backfired. I wonder if this new change of events will actually make Julie Cooper-Nichol a nice person. What do you think? Could she ever be?

     
  • At Thursday, September 29, 2005 2:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 04, 2005 3:33:00 AM, Blogger Smallman said…

    Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

    If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about penis enlargement review. It pretty much covers penis enlargement review and other similar topics available.

     
  • At Sunday, October 09, 2005 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said…

    You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a health care life
    site. It pretty much covers health care life
    related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At Sunday, October 09, 2005 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Enlargement said…

    You have a awesome blog!

     
  • At Wednesday, October 12, 2005 8:12:00 AM, Blogger redsheets said…

    Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. natural penis enlargement

     
  • At Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:48:00 AM, Blogger girljane said…

    Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

    My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a causes of erection problems related site focusing on causes of erection problems and mens health related topics.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 12:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was looking for blogs about tai chi and came across yours. I have whats referred to as a hard style Karate School and this is something we've been contemplating adding to it. Great blog you have and I've enjoyed reading the posts on it.

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 9:45:00 PM, Blogger Sandy Chen said…

    I can't believe that I missed this entry about the OC epsisode! I can't wait until a new epsisode comes on because the world series are finally over! I really wonder what's going to happen between all the characters. There must be new drama just stirring and waiting to occur. Usually I'm very good at predicting what's to happen, but I am really at a lost. Although Ryan and Seth are good looking guys, I hope that they will cast hotter guys! More eye candy for us to stare at. Because I really can't believe that Summer and Marissa don't have other guy friends, especially since they were so popular at school before Ryan came along. I can't wait!

     
  • At Tuesday, March 08, 2011 5:35:00 AM, Blogger jeff said…

    One of the interesting post. I really like it very much dear. I really like to Watch TV Shows Online too. Actually I spend my free time by watching tv shows online.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->