The OC Obsession

For those true fans out there...that can't live without their weekly dose of Newport Beach...

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Rachel Bilson


Oh Summer Roberts. If I could sit here and describe her character on the show it would be easy, but to describe Rachel is almost the complete opposite. Although Rachel is driven and forward much like her character, she is no where near as snobby. Rachel actually enjoy's playing this role for that reason. "It's great playing someone who is not like me at all. I'm really a nice girl, so it's fun to be a bitch, then come home and be myself again. When I meet people now, they're surprised that I'm a good person." The only thing she actually may have in common with Summer is her passion for shoes, but in real life Rachel is not into ritzy stores, her favorite store to shop in is actually Target.

Rachelle Jade Bilson was born on November 13, 1981 in Los Angeles, CA. Although what she says, her family agrees that as the youngest, she was pretty much spoiled rotten growing up. Friends and family say that she was treated like a princess throughout her youth in LA. Rachel was introduced to acting at the age of 7, when her parents helped her land her first film role in "The Wrong Guys". After her debut, she held many minor roles in films and plays and she soon realized acting was her dream she needed to follow. Soon after graduating high school she found an agent to help her fill her dreams.

She was soon making her TV debut in several small roles on shows such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Her true success was when she landed the role as a main character, Summer Roberts. Rachel's success in the show proves that she is a young hit that will keep preforming for us for years to come.

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Sandy Chen said…

    I think that Summer is probably one of my favorite characters on the show. She brings so much happiness to the show with all her antics and witty humor. I think that it's hard to picture a celebrity who doesn't act like the character they play because we see them act and play this role week after week. I'm sure Rachel is a great person in real life. I love it when I hear about celebrities shopping at places like Target because I really don't like it when celebrities buy ridiculously expensive things when they could buy the same thing at a cheaper store. Also, I never realized that she was in Buffy before landing the role of Summer. I'm glad that she finished high school before pursuing her dream of acting though.

     
  • At Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:01:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Summer is by far the funniest person on the show. Her snobby/sarcastic attitude always makes me laugh. I love that she calls her boyfriend Seth by his last name "Cohen". Not only is she funny but I love her style on the show. Her very feminine style is adorable and she pulls it off so well. She seems like such a down to earth person, someone I could see myself being friends with and shopping with. Plus I love that she dates Adam Brody AKA Seth Cohen. I can;t wait to see what happens next week on the show when Taylor Townsend tries to steal Seth from her. Drama drama drama!!!

     
  • At Monday, November 21, 2005 1:03:00 AM, Blogger Sharon Tornick said…

    I think that Rachel Bilson is so talented, and I am actually surprised that she did not have lots of leading roles before the O.C. I could have totally seen her playing teen roles on many WB shows. The thing that surprises me about her is that she was born in 1981. She plays a high school student very well and seems sophisticated rather than juvenile. Yet she does not seem like she is too old to play the part. I think she's a wonderful actress and she seems to enjoy what she's doing. I wish her and Adam luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->